Organic Brown Jasmine Rice is a particularly fragrant speciality rice and once you try it you will know why it is so popular. It has a firm texture and the smell is sweet and floral – which is why it is named after the fragrant jasmine flower.
This fragrant rice also delivers on flavour and it goes well in a wide range of dishes. Brown Jasmine Rice contains the hull and because it has not been milled like white jasmine rice, it is rich in fibre and nutrients.
One 195g serving of cooked Brown Jasmine Rice is high in Manganese, Selenium and a source of Thiamin (B1), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6), Magnesium, Phosphorus and Copper.
- Rinse the rice a few times
- Soak it in a bowl overnight if you have time.
- Combine two parts rice to one part fresh water in a pan.
- Add salt now if you want.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then simmer for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Organic Long grain brown rice