Organic Chickpeas add protein, fibre and a vibrant mix of vitamins and minerals to all kinds of recipes. Chickpeas are great in curries and are the main ingredient for making hummus.
Chickpeas are a popular legume and a fantastic protein source for vegans and vegetarians. They are a nutrient rich food that is high in fibre, protein and folate and a healthy source of natural vitamins and minerals such as iron.
Chickpeas are an important ingredient in Indian and Middle Eastern Cuisine for their versatility and ability to absorb flavours in curries and dips.
Ways to enjoy chickpeas
There are many ways to enjoy this popular ingredient in your diet. Here are a few ideas to get you started;
- Roast with warming spices and enjoy as a go-to healthy snack
- Use to make chana masala, an Indian side dish that is popular with vegans
- Add to curries for added protein and texture
- Use to make hummus and dip vegetable crudites
- Try making falafels and enjoy as a delicious, protein source in salads
- Sprinkle on salads
- Make you own chickpea flour and use in an array of baking recipes